2021 Facilities Management Internship
- Iselin, NJ
The Future Talent Program features internships that last up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
Our Sourcing team partner with the business to ensure efficient acquisition of goods and services that enables the commercialization of our medicines, vaccines and Animal Health products. We collaborate internationally and are grouped into center-led categories and regional operating teams.
An internship in Global Workplace & Enterprise Services will allow you to:
- Gain exposure to continuous improvement methodologies (e.g. Defect Elimination, Six Sigma, Lean or equivalent process improvement methodologies) and strategic planning
- Work hands-on improving equipment reliability related to facility operations.
- Gain an understanding of the reliability engineering, maintenance practices, and utility management
- Perform risk assessments and develop risk mitigation plans
- Advance an understanding of group dynamics within working communities
- Foster collaboration and innovation
- Strengthen communication and interpersonal skills
Specific duties include:
- Gain project experience by regularly attending portfolio meetings and reviewing broad spectrum of facility related projects; put into a schedule with deliverables; physically monitor projects and report status (e.g. spend to date and current forecast).
- Assist projects through the funding approval process. Receive training in Workday - our company's financial information system and become proficient in the "project manager" role as it pertains to the funding approval process.
- Assist with the metrics for Operating Scorecard. Most of the work we have is straightforward.
- Evaluate area requirements and plans for associated capital/expense improvements. Perform administrative duties such as job audits, computer system audits and safety/housekeeping inspections.
- Support efforts to improve maintenance service, and reliability, and efficiency, and state of the art applications.
- Responsible for learning and adhering to all the Safety, Health, Environmental, Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and regulatory requirements (as required by task).
- Perform necessary administrative duties to insure maintenance of records, reports, and associated tasks.
Required Education and Experience:
- Candidates must be currently enrolled in a B.S. Degree in Engineering
- Candidates must be able to work full time for 9-12 weeks during the summer and return back to school on completion of the assignment.
- Candidates must have strong Interpersonal and communication skills
- Candidates should be willing to work in the NJ and PA area
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Candidates should have strong data collection, analysis and reporting, Project Management.
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the experience of working at our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth .
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Back to top