2021 Data Science Intern
- Boston, MA
The Future Talent Program features internships that last up to 12 weeks and will include one or more projects. These opportunities in our Research Labs can provide you with great development and a chance to see if we are the right company for your long-term goals.
Safety Assessment and Laboratory Animals Resources (SALAR) helps advance high quality drug candidates into development by defining the non-clinical safety and selectivity of lead compounds. SALAR employees evaluate Lead Op candidates and preclinical toxicity of drug development candidates, provide mechanistic understanding of drug-induced toxicity, and assess implications for human safety. SALAR provides collaborative research in animal model development, veterinary medical and animal care, and research facility management. Safety Assessment also responds to regulatory questions in support of drug registration.
Required Education and Experience:
- Candidates must currently be enrolled in a minimum of a BS/BA in: applied math, computer science, chemistry, physics, computer engineering, biomedical engineering, or related disciplines.
- Candidates must be available to work full-time for up to (12) weeks beginning in June of 2021.
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Candidates should have a G.P.A of 3.0 or higher.
- Candidates should have strong analytical and communication skills.
- Candidates should have demonstrated ability to learn new technologies.
- Candidates should have hands-on analysis experience with biological data types, such as those used in genomics, proteomics, biological chemistry, or spectroscopy.
- Candidates should have familiarity with XML, json, REST, and/or SOAP .
- Candidates should have experience with structured and un-structured data sources, such as SQL, postgres, mongoDB, or Big Table.
- Candidates should have familiarity with statistics, discrete math, and probabilistic modeling.
- Candidates should be familiar with statistical learning methods, such as supervised and unsupervised modeling.
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we "follow the science" and that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. And we believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are ...
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as "Merck" in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as "MSD" in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world's biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for ...
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
OFCCP Pay Transparency Rule
We are an equal opportunity employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran - proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Intern/Co-op (Fixed Term)
No Travel Required
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:
Back to top