Voice UI Software Engineering Intern
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles on the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center. Together all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They get inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
Job Introduction: (Primary purpose of this position) We are looking for highly motivated and skilled engineers to help us develop a UI Software Framework for next-generation Mercedes-Benz vehicles at our R&D headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA. This role will work closely with our software development teams in the US and Germany to define and implement software architectures on the latest automotive embedded platforms.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Execute our strategy to develop a UI Software Framework for use as an innovation platform
- Evaluate new features and system requirements by developing working prototypes
- Design, implement, and test reusable software components for embedded platforms
Minimum Skills Required:
- Studying towards a Computer Science/Engineering degree
- Programming experience with a focus on UI
- Strong interest in developing NLU Voice Assistants / Dialogs
- C or other object oriented programming languages
- UI frameworks, e.g. Qt/QML
- Embedded software development and integration (Linux)
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top