UX Design Intern
Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center. Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They're inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
- Contribute to ideation and concept development for digital user
interfaces in the car, mobile devices and wearables
- Visualize concepts and suggest improvements
- Produce design assets and animations
- Drive feature design and development
- Communicate with key stakeholders, gather feedback, and implement
- Evaluate competitive designs and identify best practice
- Currently enrolled as a Bachelor student, Master student, or recent graduate in the field of Communication Design, Information Design, New Media Design, UX Design or related field
- Strong fundamentals in usability, aesthetic principles and typography
- Pixel-perfect craftsmanship; Creativity with a positive attitude
- Proactive problem solver and strong communicator; Intellectual interest in technological, cultural & economic developments
- Expertise with design tools: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, 3D Visualization Skills; Familiarity with InDesign, AfterEffects, Sketch and Flash
- Prototyping and 3D Visualization Skills, familiarity with Human-Centered Design process
- Project experience in Visual Communication, New Media studies, Software Design, Human Computer Interactions, Interaction Design, or Tangible Interactions
- Experience working in automotive industry is a plus
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top