TP/VEA - Specialist of High voltage heater and air conditioning (HV A/C) for electric trucks_Mitsubishi Fuso, Kawasaki
Important notification: If you have any issues in applying via system, please kindly send your CV to the contact person.
Mitsubishi Fuso Truck and Bus Corporation (MFTBC) is an integral part of Daimler Trucks, the world's largest truck manufacturer. With our FUSO brand, we make up approximately 40% of the Daimler Trucks sales volume with a presence in more than 160 markets worldwide. Since our first bus, we have aspired to bring society and our customers the highest quality of products and services.
By Combining Japanese tradition and the global power of Daimler, Mitsubishi Fuso provides unparalleled experience in a world leading company. This means that you will associate with global business partners every single day.
Description of Research & Development
The series development of electric light-duty truck 'eCanter' is the main task of the eMobility department.
High voltage component as well as electric vehicle control software development is the core competency. The development of thermal auxiliaries for electric vehicles and support on the implementation of these is the central task of the applicable team.
Your Roles and Tasks
The HV heating and A/C design engineer is responsible for the following tasks
- Defining heating/ cooling component characteristics out of vehicle targets
- Requirement engineering and specification book creation
- Technical evaluation of market solutions and support of supplier selection
- Safety concept, FMEA and test plan creation
- Steering supplier tests, execution of in-house and support of vehicle implementation as well as entire vehicle testing
- Project management: development schedule, change management, budget and fault elimination process
- Support of production, after sales and procurement department
- research for future technologies with different partners like suppliers, Universities and Daimler internally with Mercedes Benz Cars, Trucks, Vans and Buses
Practical knowledge and experiences
- High knowledge of thermal-dynamics/-management, EMC, power electronics, high voltage and software
- Familiar with sub-components as metal/ceramic-PTC/polymer-PTC heating elements, HVAC (heating, ventilation and air conditioning), MOSFET/IGBT, DC link capacitor, PCB, MP/MCU/VCU, temperature/voltage/current sensors
- Design experiences on housing, thermal management, functional safety and high voltage safety
- High knowledge of electric vehicle development process and years of experiences on product development
Personal skill requirement
- Efficient and structured working method
- Working independently
- Winning as a team attitude
- Japanese or English (Basic level)
Following tool skills are preferred:
- Siemens NX
- CANoe/CANalyzer or similar
- Pspice or similar electronic circuit simulation
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top