Test Technician 2 – Emissions & EPA Liaison
Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center.
Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They’re inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Perform requested testing per defined procedures. Maintain test equipment. Learn and understand emission equipment and testing procedure.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Learn and understand test procedures and equipment operation
- Prepare vehicles for testing and prepare vehicles after completion of testing to be returned
- Perform testing and/or calibrations per defined procedures. Store data from results
- Participate in new equipment, software and internal/ external training
- Maintain facility
- Support general Tech Center operations
Education & Experience:
- Associate’s Degree- Trade School and/or current equivalent automotive work experience
- Understanding of electronic, electrical, hydraulic and/or mechanical systems, tools and/or equipment
- Hands-on experience in all aspects of automotive diagnostic and repair work and/ or analytical laboratory experience
- Strong diagnostic skills
- The ability to learn and understand new concepts and applications
- PC literacy in Windows based programs
- Basic emission knowledge
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Minimum 1 year experience in automotive testing environment
- Willingness to travel
The fully trained individual must develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of:
- Company policies and procedures
- Company goals and vision
- Departmental practices and procedures
- Interdepartmental relationships and their effect on company, departmental and individual goals
- Software that is applicable to the job
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work / life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top