Test Engineer – Mercedes Me Connect
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles on the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center. Together all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They get inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
- Provide an End-2-End testing solution for the virtual vehicle and virtual customer teams.
- Support the implementation, testing, and validation of the connected car teams.
- Ensure high product maturity levels, provide on-time delivery of testing results, and overall system qualification.
Key Task and Responsibilities:
- Perform End-2-End Testing for Connected Car services in close collaboration with local and international suppliers and business partners
- Support the installation, operation, and maintenance of all test equipment (board level, HiL, test vehicles, etc.)
- Support the creation, execution, and maintenance of functional test cases and test scripts
- Support the planning, organization, and execution of test sessions with local and global testers
- Perform low level analysis of test results using debug, log files, and other techniques
- Document findings, track defects, and re-run failed test cases or scripts in accordance with customer requests
- Management of test data and component variants in cooperation with the release management teams
- Provide support and review of supplier-driven or third party testing results
- Participate in team meetings by effectively communicating the status of any impediments to progress
- Provide prescribed reports and maintain effective communication to all relevant stakeholders
Minimum Qualifications Required:
Experience in the development or validation of embedded systems in the automotive or consumer electronics industries, or similar experience.
ISTQB, ITIL, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana)
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top