Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center. Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They’re inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
- The Software Engineer will develop software for Infotainment applications and support the BSP bring-up on custom and commercially available hardware platforms.
- Conceptualize, prototype and support the software development of embedded Telematics solutions including advanced engineering development of software modules targeting next generation telematic platforms.
- Support BSP bring-up on custom and commercially available hardware platforms and integration of 3rd party software drivers and libraries.
- Interact with vendors and external organizations to stay current in the topic area identify innovation opportunities.
Minimum Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- Strong understanding of operating systems and computer architecture fundamentals
- Experience developing in Linux on embedded evaluation boards with Linux based board support packages
- Strong programming skills in C/C and some scripting language (e.g. Python)
- Experience using online tools for collaboration, issue tracking and code version control
- Ability to analyze complex problems, recognizes and explains connections between cause-and-effect understandably and develops concrete, viable solutions taking risks and obstacles into account
- Ability to manage competing project priorities and constraints. Ability to work in inter-cultural, inter-disciplinary teams, across multiple time zones
- Some background in machine learning and learning frameworks, e.g. caffe, tensorflow.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Back to top