Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center. Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They're inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for supporting engineering projects for integration of consumer wearables and Internet of Things (IoT) technologies in Daimler ecosystems and vehicles. This person will be responsible for prototype software and contribute to feature and functional specifications. Write software for mobile apps, wearables such as smart watches and IoT applications like Home Automation ecosystems.
- Conceptualize, develop and write software architectures and implementations for wearables and IoT technologies.
- Document technical software solutions or specifications.
- Coordinate and participate testing, validation, debugging of software and system architecture.
- Collaborate with other engineers, designers and user experience experts to find solutions software implementation and integration tasks.
- Develop new software prototypes and mass production frameworks.
- Integrate and test software in prototyping cars or demonstration hardware.
- Actively demonstrate cross-functional collaboration with other engineers, designers, user experience experts and researchers.
Minimum Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Software/Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Strong understanding of operating systems and computer architecture fundamentals.
- Experience in iOS or Android apps development.
- Experience integrating 3rd party API/SDK in iOS/Android Apps.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, recognizes and explains connections between cause-and-effect understandably and develops concrete, viable solutions taking risks and obstacles into account.
- Ability to manage competing project priorities and constraints.
- Ability to work in inter-cultural, inter-disciplinary teams across multiple time zones.
- Able to learn quickly and willing to share knowledge.
- Attention to detail, team player.
- Open to international travel, for approximately 10% of the time.
- Driver License
- Good Knowledge in IoT, Smart Home and Wearable industry.
- Understanding of design patterns and software architecture.
- Multiple apps published in Apple and Google app stores.
- Experience with location based services.
- Knowledge and understanding of DAI or automotive industry processes.
- Knowledge in Backend and embedded car system technologies.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top