Senior UX Software Engineer
Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center. Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They’re inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
The Senior UX Software Engineer implements software components for embedded platforms that enable highly interactive user interfaces and cutting-edge graphics effects. They work closely integrated with our Interaction & UX Designers on the UI/UX concept ideation and implementation for internal demos, show cars, and embedded platforms with product-intent.
- Implement and document reusable software components for embedded automotive and CE platforms that enable highly interactive user interfaces and cutting-edge graphics effects, including: OpenGL-ES shaders, gesture recognition algorithms, drivers and algorithms for new input devices, etc.
- Develop tools, scripts, and software implementation patterns that improve the workflow of Interaction & UX Designers and enable them contribute directly to the software implementation.
- Actively contribute to the UI/UX concept ideation, development and documentation of novel, multi-modal UI/UX concepts & information architectures for internal demos, show cars, and embedded automotive platforms.
- Support Interaction & UX Designers with prototyping activities and deployment logistics of specific UI/UX concept implementations for internal demos, show cars, and embedded automotive platforms.
- Ensure consistent adoption of software patterns by creating examples and tutorials, coaching, conducting code reviews, etc.
Minimum Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science or related field.
- Team player with the ability to connect his/ her responsibilities to over-arching goals and objectives.
- Excellent problem solving and prioritization skills.
- Strategic and creative mind with a passion for innovation.
- Passionate about monitoring relevant trends and technologies.
- Self-motivated with strong instincts in optimization and a passion for excellence.
- Experience in implementing user interfaces for embedded platforms and/or mobile devices with modern UI/graphics frameworks, including: Qt, iOS, Android, Adobe ActionScript 3, OpenGL-ES 2.0, etc.
- Solid understanding of UI/UX design process, design asset pipelines, and a high attention to maintaining visual detail when integrating design assets into embedded software implementations.
- Experience developing software for embedded platforms and/or mobile devices using C/C and other programming languages.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top