Senior UX Software Engineer
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles on the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center. Together all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They get inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
In the Advanced User Interaction department we aim at finding paths to bring disruptive user interaction concepts and technologies into Mercedes-Benz products.
The Senior UX Software Engineer guides and works closely with other engineers, as well as designers and user experience experts, on a wide range of implementations from interactive prototypes to optimized software. With no or little instructions she/he drives the development of software architectures and implementations, using modern software frameworks.
- Guide and collaborate with other engineers, designers and user experience experts to find solutions for interactive prototyping, software implementation or integration projects
- Actively shape and define software deliverables, and ensure continuous improvements
- Conceptualize and develop software architectures and implementations for user interaction concepts and technologies
- Define and document technical software solutions or specifications
- Develop new software prototypes to quickly evaluate an interaction or technology
- Evaluate new interaction hardware or software through interactive prototyping
- Integrate and test software in prototyping cars or demonstration hardware
- Actively drive cross-functional collaboration with other engineers, designers, user experience experts and researchers in and outside own area of expertise
- At least 2 years of demonstrated, hands-on experience with user interface software technologies, UI frameworks, UI prototyping tools, e.g. Qt/QML
- At least 2 years of demonstrated experience with designing and implementing object-oriented software architectures; e.g. C
- Passion for user experience and modern user interaction / user interface technologies
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Ability to manage competing project priorities and constraints
- Ability and willingness to work in inter-cultural, inter-disciplinary teams, across multiple time zones
- Open to international travel, for approximately 10% of the time
- Experience with voice and/or gesture interaction principles is a plus
- Experience in automotive industry experience is a plus
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top