Senior UI Software Engineer
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles on the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center. Together all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They get inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
We are looking for highly motivated and skilled engineers to help us develop a UI Software Framework for next-generation Mercedes-Benz vehicles at our R&D headquarters in Sunnyvale, CA. This role will work closely with our software development teams in the US and Germany to define and implement software architectures on the latest automotive embedded platforms.
Execute our strategy to develop a UI Software Framework for use as an innovation platform
- Evaluate new features and system requirements by developing working prototypes
- Design, implement, and test reusable software components for embedded platforms
- Participate in an Agile working model together with development teams in various time zones
- Debug and analyze the performance and system resource usage of software modules
Minimum Skills Required :
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, software engineering or related field; or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to implement high quality software for use in production.
- Experienced in agile collaboration models (e.g. Scrum)
- Ability to analyze complex problems, recognize and explain connections between cause-and-effect, and develop concrete, viable solutions, taking risks and obstacles into account
- Ability to manage competing project priorities and constraints
- Ability to analyze internal/external technology trends and developments. Active participation in collaborative opportunities to gain skills in new areas to support other team members
- Ability to work in inter-cultural, inter-disciplinary teams, across multiple time zones
- Analytical skills for continuous evaluation of ways to improve performance and behavior, focusing on efficiency and quality
- Experience in UI development for automotive infotainment and navigation applications preferred
- Experience working with automotive tier-1 suppliers a plus
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Back to top