Senior Systems Engineer
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles on the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center. Together all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They get inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and testing of localization algorithms using sensor data and features from autonomous driving maps
- Screen for state-of-the-art sensors and localization algorithms, especially regarding cameras, lidar and radar; contribute to the overall architecture design of in-vehicle systems.
- Responsible for complex functional development of localization systems as part of the autonomous driving effort at MBRDNA. Collaborate with interns, the scientific community, and contractors.
- Develop robust real-time algorithms for localization based on the input from the cameras, radars and lidars integrated in the autonomous vehicle and from the input from the Sensor Fusion module.
- Adapt algorithms developed by other departments for US-specific purposes, collaborate with other teams and transfer knowledge gained on advanced technology, and integrate software into the overall system through clearly defined interfaces
- Develop engineering requirements and write documentation
Minimum skills required:
- Physics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Bachelors 5 yrs professional experience, Masters 3 yrs professional experience or PhD
- Proven work experience with algorithm development and software development
- Strong mathematical skills, especially in statistics and estimation
- Experience with Bayesian filters (Kalman, EKF, particle filters) and their implementation
- Experience with vehicle sensors such as Lidars, Cameras, Radars
- Strong skills in Software Engineering and advanced programming skills in C/C , MATLAB / Simulink and some scripting language (e.g. Python).
- Experience with real-time programming of embedded platforms and their operating systems
- Ability to interact with remote locations over different time zones
- Strong skills in data analysis and networking
- Independent research with record of peer-reviewed publications on environment perception, sensor fusion or localization
- Valid driver’s license
- Experience in the development of real time software for embedded platforms, automotive ECUs, CAN controllers, and positioning systems
- Experience in sensor fusion and localization with radars, cameras and lidars
- Experience with GNSS systems
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Back to top