Senior Software Quality Engineer - ISO26262
Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. (MBRDNA), a Daimler company, consists of six business areas including Connected Car, UI & Telematics, Testing and Regulatory Affairs, Powertrain & eDrive, Advanced Exterior Design, Advanced User Experience Design and Autonomous Driving All six business areas are focused on delivering a positive impact on Daimler products through the advancement of safe, convenient, and sustainable vehicles. Working together, MBRDNA remains a successful symbol of automotive research and development in North America.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
The Powertrain & eDrive division operating in Redford, MI and Long Beach, CA manages all powertrain relevant product development in the USA. This includes next generation engine and component hardware development, validation, testing and localization for US production, engine controls and diagnostics development, and calibration on engine test dynamometers and in vehicles for US and worldwide markets.
The division is actively involved in development of advanced high voltage powertrain components and works extensively on topics such as electric motor control software for hybrid and electric vehicle use, in addition to development of high power charging systems for Mercedes-Benz plug-in vehicles.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- The purpose of this position is to ensure the quality of in-house and supplier powertrain software and that the development processes used are in full compliance with internal and external standards. The independent reporting of testing and process issues is also required to ensure transparency of the actual released software quality. Designs the software quality plan which includes software quality goals and SQA activities such as quality gate and audit activities. The position tracks SQA issues to closure, supports release readiness review meetings and ensures all software release risks are mitigated.
- Expert level knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Knowledgeable about quality assurance tools (QMH, Spice, ISO 26262, etc) and quality techniques (i.e., DFSS, Six Sigma, Fault Tree Analysis, FMEA, QFD, Shainin, etc.)
- Statistical analysis tools and technical knowledge on statistics, product design, manufacturing, six sigma, etc.
- Strong problem solver with excellent communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Ability to perform periodic lessons learned workshops and utilize poject management tools to drive quality mandates
- Skilled as a quality auditor
- Support definition of software Quality V-Cycle release requirements in compliance with the QMH
- Provide guidance for the software quality processes to ensure products and services meet or exceed customr expectations. Perform audits at suppliers, conduct periodic internal software development process compliance checks, and lead software development Milestone Reviews
- Work with the software development team to establish maturity of the software in preparation for planned releases. Perform Release Readiness
- Reviews with Senior Management. Establish, maintain and optimize an effective issue resolution process to support the software development team and ensure software quality
- Collaborate with internal and external customers, suppliers, etc. Lead problem resolution activities (8D, Six Sigma, DMAIC, etc) and report status of corrective and preventive actions
- Perform measurement system capability analysis as necessary
- Using QMH as a guide, develop and document all software development procedural instructions. Oversee the effective documentation and implementation of the software quality management system (Creation of the Project Manual) to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and the standards set by corporate policies (QMH, ISO 26262, ISO 9001, MDS, MQS, RGI Reporting, 4Q Charts). Identify and evaluate potential improvements to the Quality Management System and implement as appropriate
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Math, Science or Computer Science, or related field
- 5 – 7 years of relevant experience
- Working experience in any or all of the following areas: quality engineering, supplier quality engineering, software development, software quality assurance, software process development or related experiences
- Experience with quality standards and quality improvement tools and techniques (i.e., QMH, Spice, MQS, MDS, Daimler SW Development V-Cycle, ISO 26262, DFSS, Six Sigma, Fault Tree Analysis, FMEA, QFD, Shainin, etc.).
- Sound knowledge of statistical methods
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification
- Six Sigma Master Black Belt and ISO Auditor training
- German Language Skills a plus
- Experience with ALA software, such as Polarion, and experience with software integrated build and test methods
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top