Senior Motor Control Engineer
MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center.
Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They’re inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Lead the electric motor control algorithms design and development activities for electrified powertrain, including PHEV/BEV/FCEV applications. Interact with customer, work with different teams and provide solutions and support to meet customers’ expectation.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Advancing the e-motor control technology through the use of innovation methods, tools and processes. Establishing best practices for e-motor related analysis, controls and testing
- Lead the E-Motor control algorithm development in Simulink/TargetLink models, auto code generation, algorithm verification and validation through simulation, hardware-in-the-loop and dyno tests.
- Issue resolution and testing of E-drive systems in dynamometer and vehicle environments
- Responsible to deliver system performance that meet the customer’s expectation
- Provide subject matter expertise and mentoring; improve communication and knowledge sharing within the organization
- Interact with customer, suppliers and other teams on requirements, functionality deliveries, issue resolving and all the necessary supports
Education & Experience:
- BS/MS Degree in Electrical Engineering or mechanical Engineering, Preferably with focus on control algorithms
- 3 years of relevant experience
- In-depth understanding in theory of AC IPM/Induction motors and their controls for automotive applications
- Familiar with automotive software development processes, particularly requirement management and engineering, aligned with automotive SPICE
- Good analytical skills in modeling, simulation and control algorithm development with Matlab/Simulink/TargetLink
- Self-driven, excellent organization skills, ability to clearly communicate and interact across multiple teams and project management
- Advanced degree in Electrical Engineer or similar
- Project management skills to fulfill deadlines for multiple deliveries in parallel and in series
- Embedded software algorithm design and testing on different platforms, such as HIL/Emulator/dyno
- Outstanding interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Understanding of hybrid system fundamental
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work / life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top