Senior Manager: Controlling and Portfolio Management
- Financial Controlling and Steering
- Manage the efficient preparation and submission of all periodic controlling reports and data submissions within the required deadlines at the required quality (such as the month end controlling file, electronic Risk Data Repository dataset, and Bank of Thailand monthly survey, etc.).
- Analyse monthly data to identify any abnormalities, trends or developments on the business performance and proactively advise senior management and other departments of any required action.
- Provide accurate verbal and written commentary on monthly developments to keep management informed of business results.
- Review and analyse the company's operating expenses and project budgets and communicate deviations to operative departments.
- Steer the profitability of the company, by conducting the monthly pricing committee meeting and maintaining the base interest rate for various products in conjunction with the sales department.
- Coordinate with local and RO Treasury Departments and HQ based Asset Liability Management Departments on funding and market risk management topics.
- Perform the companies operating expenditure and project controlling, assist in steering the company towards its overall financial targets and calculate business cases on ad hoc projects.
- Financial Planning & Forecasting
- Manage the efficient preparation and submission of the bi-annual planning and monthly forecasting process within required deadlines, at the required quality.
- Propose and discuss planning assumptions with the management team, simulate different planning scenarios, ensure all inputs and outputs are aligned with each other and consolidate all information into a most-likely planning scenario.
- Review and amend where appropriate, the monthly forecasts, by working closely with department heads in forecasting their department's expectations and summarising these inputs into one interlinked most-likely scenario.
- Portfolio Risk Management
- Manage the efficient preparation of all periodic portfolio and risk management reports within a timely manner at the required quality (such as the portfolio report, watchlist & problem credit report).
- Analyse, interpret and communicate all HQ and RO reports to the local management team and support the HQ and RO colleagues to have good understanding of the local market portfolio risk.
- Conduct regular portfolio management meetings with local management team and quarterly risk calls with the RO colleagues.
- Prepare recommendations for management, based on portfolio trend analysis, and steer business enhancements in the credit underwriting and sales processes.
- Manage the credit risk and residual value risk loss provisioning in line with Daimler Financial Services policy requirements, including IFRS9 provisioning, corporate specific provisioning, and residual value risk impairment testing.
- Credit Risk Support
- Support the Credit Risk Management in developing and improving local credit underwriting policies by providing analytical results of portfolio performance
- Support the preparation of all necessary historical net credit loss data and accompany the annual loss calibration exercise required for the local RoRAC pricing tool in conjunction with HQ
- Support the collection and remarketing activities in provisioning and write-off forecasting and evaluation of collection agencies performance using relevant risk management KPI's.
- Participate in the validation and monitoring of the credit scorecard, and provide support in developing the credit scorecard.
- Sales & Marketing Support
- Provide qualitative and quantitative information and recommendations in the decision making process of launching, halting or discontinuing new and existing products and campaigns.
- HQ & RO Collaboration and Communication
- Continuous co-ordination and proactive communication with HQ and RO in regular reporting and related requests.
- Cooperate and provide support in regional initiatives, projects and activities.
- Management of Controlling and Portfolio Risk department
- Identify and develop efficiencies in the standard reporting processes (Controlling and Portfolio Risk Management) to reduce the time and resources required for the activities.
- Support database enhancement projects and provide necessary comments for the required development.
- Understand, apply and integrate the HQ and Regional office standard tools and methods to the local entity processes.
- Review and update local guidelines such as Portfolio Analysis Policy, Provisioning and Pricing guidelines when appropriate.
- Effectively delegate and assign Controlling and Portfolio Risk Management tasks to respective team members to ensure an efficient and effective team work within the department.
- Motivate, coach and develop the team members to assist them in successfully performing their allocated tasks and preparing them for their future career aspirations.
- Master in Business Administration (Finance), Risk Management, Economics, Statistics, Management Information Systems or Business Intelligence or related fields.
- At least 5 years experience in Financial Controlling or Portfolio Analysis – experience in financial services, leasing or banking industry is an advantage.
- Experience in project management: able to provide financial input and budget tracking for projects.
- Cross-cultural experience: able to work with expatriate, CFO and diverse colleagues from Head Quarter (HQ) and Regional Office (RO).
- Basic knowledge of accounting.
- Strong data analysis, analytical, interpretation, self-motivation, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer literacy – MS Office (Access, PowerPoint, advanced Excel) and basic knowledge of IBM Cognos TM1.
- Able to travel abroad for training, workshops or conferences when required.
- Fluent in English.
- Able to communicate in Thai (listening, speaking, reading and writing).
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top