Senior HR Business Partner
Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center. Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They're inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
This role is the strategic business partner to leaders within the client organizations. This role also partners with other HR colleagues to drive HR initiatives. This position will enhance the level of employee engagement, by fostering a high level of employee advocacy within the client organizations, while providing appropriate coaching and advice to location leadership. The Senior HR Business Partner will also be responsible for implementation, analysis and reporting of effectiveness levels for employee relations initiatives and programs, as directed by the HR department.
- Implements and administers human resources program, policies and practices as a standalone resource or in a shared-services HR model.
- Identify, define and implement solutions that address the needs of the business while taking into account the broader implications.
- Act as trusted advisor to managers and employees.
- Partner with HR colleagues to align and execute on initiatives.
- Determine most efficient and effective way to deliver services at affiliate level based on costs, ratios and appropriate Key Performance Indicators.
- Ensure compliance of all HR practices within area of responsibility.
- Responds to employee inquiries, questions and complaints; provides information, guidance and direction on HR programs, processes, and procedures to employees and managers.
Minimum Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree required in Human Resources or other related field.
- Ability to partner effectively with HR colleagues in other geographic locations.
- Soft-skills, management/leadership training experience required.
- Must have a team-orientated approach; able to quickly and consistently establish rapport and collaborate effectively with clients, team members, and employees at all levels.
- Exceptional training and facilitation skills required.
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and communication skills required.
- Demonstrated strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
- Master's degree preferred.
- PHR/SHPR preferred.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top