Senior Engineer, Sensor Fusion
Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center. Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They're inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
- Responsible for environment perception algorithm development and software development skills for driver assistance systems and automated driving. The algorithm and software development will be especially in the field of environment perception using computer vision, LIDAR and radar.
- Screen for state-of-the-art sensors and algorithms for environment perception, especially regarding cameras, lidar and radar; integrate sensors and test them; and contribute to the overall architecture design of in-vehicle systems
- Responsible for complex functional development as part of the autonomous driving effort at MBRDNA, including 4-way-stop assist and stop sign assist. Collaborate with interns, scientific theses, and contractors
- Develop robust real-time algorithms for environment perception, especially for localization and complex functional purposes and develop algorithms that fuse the input from the various sensor systems for environment perception
- Adapt algorithms developed by other departments for US-specific purposes, collaborate with other teams and transfer knowledge gained on advanced technology, and integrate software into the overall system through clearly defined interfaces
- Develop engineering requirements and write documentation
Minimum Skills Required:
- Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering
- Proven work experience with algorithm development and software development
- Strong skills in the field of environment perception (Camera, RADAR, LIDAR) and hands-on experience with Driver Assistance Systems and vehicle prototyping
- Strong skills in Software Engineering and advanced programming skills in C/C and MATLAB/ Simulink. Experience with real-time programming of embedded platforms and their operating systems
- Ability to interact with remote locations over different time zones
- Strong skills in data analysis and networking
- Independent research with record of peer-reviewed publications on environment perception and senor fusion
- Proven experience with environment perception, camera systems, radars, and state-of-the-art algorithms for environment perception and localization
- Experience in Software Engineering and programming in C/C and MATLAB/ Simulink
- Valid driver's license
- Experience in the development of real time software for embedded platforms, automotive ECUs, CAN controllers, and positioning systems
- Experience with measurement framework including ADTF, automotive ECU A-samples, and automotive basic software frameworks (AUTOSAR)
- Experience in sensor fusion with radars, cameras and lidars
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top