Senior Engineer, Machine Learning
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles on the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center. Together all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They get inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
You perform research, development and implementation of algorithms for sensor data classification, traffic prediction, learning from demonstration, etc.
Minimum skills required :
- Bachelors 5 yrs professional experience, Masters 3 yrs professional experience or PhD in machine learning or adjacent fields (computer science, statistics, data mining, data science, big data, etc.)
- Expert knowledge in deep learning and are familiar with the relevant machine learning frameworks
- Knowledge of other recent machine learning algorithms (e.g. Bayesian Networks and Reinforcement Learning) as well as optimization techniques
- Proven ability to multitask and deliver on challenging software development tasks
- Excellent C programming expertise
Skills in the field of software architecture and software design (UML, statecharts)
- Experience with source code management, unit test, code review and issue tracking systems.
- Knowledge of Linux and development on Linux systems
- Experience working independently in a large software setting
- Experience working with robot and/or automotive hardware
- Experience with simulation environments
- Excellent communication skills
- System integration and software architecture skills
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Back to top