Senior DevOps Engineer
Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center. Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They’re inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
- Support software development infrastructure by providing a standard development environment, configuration management, backup, and recovery. They should also support our developers with advanced Linux administration. There will also be a need to help optimize our hardware and software development so that they can be migrated to embedded systems.
- Support Autonomous Driving users with advanced Linux administration topics (Level 2 and 3)
- Back up for business continuity critical Linux Level 1 tasks (HW imaging, SW push, etc…)
- Coordinate with S C senior Linux teams in Germany to complex troubleshooting and systems configuration
- Support certification of HW with S C Linux image
- Participate to user processes to fully understand and support their Linux requirements and translate those requirements into actionable items towards S C and MBRDNA IT
- Unify and maintain development environment
- Maintain development tool infrastructure
Minimum Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or equivalent
- Agile development (continuous integration, release/build management. Linux administration (installation, configuration, maintenance, backup/recovery). Familiar with DevOps tools (Docker, Vagrant, Jenkins, Jira, Ansible). Communication skills for training developers.
- Embedded Linux development, C development, understanding of functional safety standards (e.g. ISO26262)
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Back to top