Senior Development Engineer - Telematics System Integration
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles on the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center. Together all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They get inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
Sr. Development Engineer will serve as the lead System Integration engineer to support Telematics Projects in regards to all vehicle configurations, testing, validation, verification and the vehicle's complete systems integration into the North American Market vehicles. This role is based in Long Beach with initial training period in Montvale, NJ
- Fully responsible for the testing activities, including project management related tasks as needed
- Instructs and mentors junior employees on project related tasks as needed
- Supports the telematics testing team from Daimler AG, as well as all departments within MBRDNA
- Communicates and coordinates with senior internal and external teams in of own area of expertise
- Ability to work independently and without regular management support to determine tasks priorities and focus
- Ability to recognize risks in telematics development and use this information to prioritize tasks
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques related to test configuration, test plans and test drives
- Takes initiative to identify, communicate, and execute high-impact changes or improvements
- Ability to organize and execute test drives for specific functions or system integration
- Acts as a mentor to other less experienced telematics development engineers
Minimum Skills Required:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field of study
- Min 4 years of experience in the development or validation of embedded systems in the automotive or consumer electronics industries, or similar experience
- Previous Automotive OEM or Tier1 supplier work experience
- Experience with embedded software and automotive solutions
- Strong technical knowledge of Mercedes-Benz vehicles
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top