Senior Development Engineer, Environment Management
Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. (MBRDNA), a Daimler company, consists of six business areas including Connected Car, UI & Telematics, Testing and Regulatory Affairs, Powertrain & eDrive, Advanced Exterior Design, Advanced User Experience Design and Autonomous Driving. All six business areas are focused on delivering a positive impact on Daimler products through the advancement of safe, convenient, and sustainable vehicles. Working together, MBRDNA remains a successful symbol of
automotive research and development in North America.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
The primary purpose of this position is to ensure that an appropriate operating environment is available to support the application lifecycle management, including testing, production, End-2-End virtual vehicle and virtual customer environments.
- Release planning of complex virtual solutions and operating environments
- Deployment planning and coordination
- Management of all the connected vehicle environment stages (INT, Pre-PROD, PROD)
- Working closely with and supporting other connected car teams, e.g. Architecture, Operations and Testing Teams
- Preparation for the realization, operational, and initial rollout planning for new market locations or new services
Minimum Qualifications Required:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field of study
- Strong working knowledge and experience with the management of software release processes
- Enterprise Java (J2EE, especially WebSphere Application Server), database (DB2) as well as ESB (WSO2) knowledge
- Knowledge of ITIL Framework, Atlassian products (e.g. JIRA, Confluence), and HP ALM
- Expertise across applications, system integration, and operations with multiple architectures in complex environments
- Experience in the development or validation of embedded systems in the automotive or consumer electronics industries, or similar experience
- Detail oriented, team player with excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to work in a global environment across multiple time zones
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- ITIL Certification
- Previous Automotive OEM or Tier1 supplier work experience
- Experienced with embedded systems and automotive solutions
- Strong technical knowledge of Mercedes-Benz vehicles
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top