Senior Data Scientist
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles on the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center. Together all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They get inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
With the number of connected Mercedes-Benz vehicles on the road increasing daily, the amount of data being generated and its significance is also increasing rapidly. The Vehicle Infrastructure & Data Analytics team is looking for passionate and versatile Engineers and Data Scientists to support with the collection and analysis of data from Mercedes-Benz Vehicles.
As a Data Scientist on the team, you’ll be working on projects that will directly influence corporate strategy and future product development. Versatility, adaptability, and an inquisitive approach to problem solving make for an ideal candidate. In this role, you’ll be on the front-lines of an interdisciplinary team of engineers and data scientists and together, you will use data to shape the future of Mercedes-Benz.
Minimum level of education required and required field of study: BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics or other relevant technical field. Advanced degrees preferred.
Minimum skills required:
- 5 years of programming experience with at least two of the following languages: Python, Java, Scala, R, Ruby, MATLAB, SQL
- Solid knowledge and experience with a scientific computing platform (e.g. scikit learn, Weka, MATLAB)
- Hands-on experience working with common DBMS (SQL, NoSQL), as well as distributed application platforms (Hadoop)
- Strong knowledge of statistical data analysis and machine learning techniques (e.g. SVM, regression, classification, clustering, time series, deep learning)
- Hands-on experience with visualization tools (e.g. D3.js, Tableau) and an acute ability to prepare and present data in a visually appealing and easy to understand manner
- A strong voice for data integrity and reporting quality utilizing best-practices and industry standards
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with others
- Collaborate directly with stakeholders and subject-matter experts to define use-cases and identify relevant data sources
- Analyze available data and create reports and dashboards to generate internal business intelligence and enable data-driven decision making
- Where applicable, use data visualizations to help demo and explain insights to key stakeholders and management
- Develop predictive models and new algorithms that can be used in next-generation vehicle features and services
- Ability to work with Linux-based systems and command-line tools
- Previous experience working with geospatial data is a plus
- Automotive experience is a plus
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top