Senior Creative Automotive Designer
Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center. Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They're inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
To design and develop new vehicle concepts in conjunction with the Mercedes-Benz corporate identity and strategy. Contributes to Advanced and Production Design projects, create innovative sketches and renderings, and deliver design presentations.
- Creates compelling and appropriate vehicular concepts.
- Visualizes ideas and concepts in 2-D form through sketches, renderings and tape drawings.
- Translates 2-D concepts and ideas into 3-D.
- Presents 2-D and 3-D concepts verbally, visually and in written form.
- Follows design directives and provides input into creative process.
- Conducts design related research.
- Analyzes design, engineering and marketing information.
- Understands and applies knowledge of industrial materials, methods and technologies.
- Works within program guidelines as a project team member.
- Performs computer-aided design.
- Establishes and maintains contacts with suppliers.
Minimum Skills Required:
- Bachelor's Degree in Automotive, Product or Industrial Design
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in an automotive design studio.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Team oriented.
- Capable of handling managerial duties if needed.
- CAD proficiency
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top