Senior CAD Modeler
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles on the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center. Together all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They get inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
To lead in the creation of high quality 3D scale and full-size CAD digital models of proposed vehicles and/or components using Alias Studio software. Work duties involve a high degree of creativity, skill, accuracy and coordination, incorporating technical expertise and artistic ability. Works individually or in groups with decisions made based on established procedures and specifications.
- Creates accurate Digital 3D, CAD Models as directed in a timely manner.
- Manages CAD Model data; including data acquisition, transfer, and archiving.
- Provides 3D printing, Tarus milling as well as Thermwood mill support and technical assistance.
- Investigates new software and makes suggestion regarding up-grades.
- Adheres to project schedules and manages the creation of CAD parts
- Delivers CAD Models for presentations in the form of showcase imagines and/or animations.
Minimum Skills Required:
- Alias Studio expertise and Catia software experience.
- Strong background in computer systems and milling processes
- Minimum of 6 years’ experience in a design studio
- Experience in 3D clay modeling and general understanding of form surfacing.
- Works well in a team environment and takes direction from management
- Good interdisciplinary collaboration and communication skills
Back to top