Senior Active Safety & Testing Engineer
Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. (MBRDNA), a Daimler company, consists of six business areas including Connected Car, UI & Telematics, Testing and Regulatory Affairs, Powertrain & eDrive, Advanced Exterior Design, Advanced User Experience Design and Autonomous Driving. All six business areas are focused on delivering a positive impact on Daimler products through the advancement of safe, convenient, and sustainable vehicles. Working together, MBRDNA remains a successful symbol of automotive research and development in North America.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
- The Senior Active Safety and Testing engineer focuses on driving safety and will play a key role in Mercedes as a Regulatory liaison, facilitate internal communication, conducts rating and compliance tests and act as an interface with regulatory officials at the local and federal level in the US.
- Identify emerging topics which could have impact on one of the relevant regulatory affairs topics.
- Develop and submit technical and strategic input to regulatory inquiries, federal processes, standards, voluntary commitments and research activities and develop technical comments to rulemaking.
- Submit petitions for regulatory entities.
- Provide technical support for ratings and compliance tests and support test procedure development and develop Mercedes-Benz response to rating agency inquiries.
- Conduct benchmark studies and support communication and outreach events.
Minimum Skills Required :
- We seek an individual with experience working with members of the regulatory agencies, their staff, and/or other key policymakers. The person must have knowledge in business competitive issues and established relationships with key elected officials.
- The person must be a strong team player with the ability to multitask and enjoy working in a collegial yet highly fast-paced and effective culture.
- The person demonstrates ability to work independently, exercise sound judgment, execute strategy and operate with confidentiality will also be required.
- The person must have excellent communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree (any engineering field), 1 yr. of regulatory interface experience
- Bachelors 5 yrs / Masters 3 yrs / Phd
- Driver’s License required
- Experience in the automotive industry, Safety technology knowledge
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top