Prototype Engineering Lead
Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center. Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They're inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
This will be a key role in building and resourcing the business incubator prototype engineering roles. Working with the other key pillars of the incubator, the Prototype Engineering Lead will ensure that all physical and component engineering needs are executed on site. It will be the responsibility of the Prototype Engineering Lead to assess and determine timeframes for rapid prototyping and bringing potential concepts to life for each project. They will work in tandem with business operations, project leads, software engineering and data analysis to advise and execute across various projects.
- Act as the lead Prototype Engineer focused on bringing concepts to life, and resourcing needs across all projects
- Understand the key prototyping needs of multiple projects, timeframes and requirements to executing
- Resourcing projects with the appropriate number of engineers required to execute all tasks on time and on budget
Minimum Skills Required:
- Degree in Engineering, Materials Science, Electrical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering
- 2-4 years of experience
- Experience in managing multiple engineering projects and delivering products to market
- Project Management experience
- Love of building, tinkering and inventing
- Open-minded, creative individual, with a high level of energy and enthusiasm and a startup mindset.
- The ability to build and maintain long-term business relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to overcome obstacles and solve problems creatively.
- Proven ability to manage conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Expertise in executive leadership communication.
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top