Project Manager, Telematics System Integration
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles on the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center. Together all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They get inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
This role will support the RD/U to develop telematics components/applications as well as to manage its qualification/validation and their successful integration in North American vehicles and be fully responsible for system testing/system integration including fixed error verification. Ensure high maturity level and on-time overall qualification/validation.
This position is based in Long Beach with initial training period in Montvale, New Jeasey
- Provide technical support to the entire Telematics Test House by organizing, planning, testing, validating and verifying telematics components/systems (component development and system integration)
- Being responsible for projects related to Mercedes telematics components, e.g. tuners, antennas, integrated services (SNAP and Internet), Remote-UI and Navigation/Traffic information
- Delivering feedback to the development management and engineering home offices, including the needed traces and documentation. Organize meetings and conference calls to report results
- Manage, instruct and supervise team members to ensure the RD/U schedule and its content can be achieved on-time with a high maturity level. Organize, coordinate, manage and supervise interns
- Develop a proposal for the personal development and bi-annual review of each team member which ensures the enhancement of personal/career goals development of team members (LEAD process) as well as following company policies and guidelines
- Organize and participate on test drives as well as related meetings. Report errors, supporting documentation and traces in Web Defect Manager. Promptly communicate technical and quality related issues obtained from the testing, validation and verification process
- Ability to recognize risks in telematics development and use this information to prioritize tasks outside of own area of expertise
- Provide technical support to Daimler AG suppliers of telematics systems/components. Work closely with their development teams and ensure that pertinent test result information is provided in a timely manner
- Supervision/Management responsibilities for proper project related car maintenance and other workshop related tasks
Minimum Skills Required:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or related field of study or equivalent
- 6 years of experience as a supervisor/manager in the telematics field including exercise in wide latitude in determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments
- Ability to work in a team as well as to organize/lead a team strong technical knowledge of telematics systems
- Excellent time management & communication skills both verbal and written including intercultural sensibility
- Ability to organize workflow and direct tasks as well as document milestones and resolve problems. Ability to adapt quickly to changing demands
- Ability to develop/plan projects from conceptualization to successful implementation including ability of analysis and problem assessment
- Ability to integrate information from a variety of sources with varied levels of complexity
- Fluent in English (spoken and written). German language (spoken and written) would be a plus. Necessity to travel
- Long term experience in the development or validation of embedded systems in the automotive or consumer electronics industries, or similar experience including quality assurance and system maturity
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Back to top