Project Manager E2E Testing
Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center. Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They’re inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
- Supporting our RD/UC customers to fully develop the Mercedes me Connect Platforms as well as to manage their validation, qualification, and the successful integration of the AMAP (Americas & Asian Pacific) in the markets. Being fully responsible for supporting the E2E (End-2-End) Testing. Ensuring the highest product maturity levels, on-time product releases, and maintaining the highest levels of product connectivity and availability, which are required for the Connected Car & End-2-End Testing activities.
- Provide management, supervision, and technical support for all End-2-End Testing related responsibilities ensuring the successful completion of project related tasks. Supporting the entire Mercedes me Connect Team by organizing, planning, testing, validating and verifying Connected Car systems (E2E Testing and all Mercedes me Connect services and system integration)
- Being fully responsible for managing projects and connectivity issues related to the E2E Testing for the Mercedes me Connect AMAP (Americas & Asian Pacific) Platform and its markets, especially E2E Testing related activities for all applications & connectivity issues.
- Delivering feedback to R&D management and related engineering offices, including any required traces and documentation. Organizing meetings and conference calls to report results.
- Manage, instruct, and supervise team members to ensure the proposed RD/U schedule and its content can be achieved with on-time delivery and with a high maturity level. Organize, coordinate, manage and supervise project related interns.
- Develop a proposal for the personal development and bi-annual review of each team member which ensures the enhancement of the personal/career goals development of team members (LEAD process) as well as following all company policies and guidelines.
- Organize and participate in test drives as well as related project meetings. Report errors, provide supporting documentation, and traces via Web Defect Manager. Promptly communicate technical and quality related issues obtained from the testing, validation, and verification process.
- Ability to recognize risks related to the Connected Car Project development and use this information to prioritize tasks outside of your own area of expertise.
- Provide technical support to Daimler AG, suppliers, and business partners. Work closely with their development teams and ensure that pertinent test result information is provided in a timely manner.
Minimum Skills Required:
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or Computer Engineering. Will consider; Mathematics, or related fields of study
- Long term experience as a supervisor/manager in the connected car, IT, or telematics related fields including the exercise of wide latitude related to determining objectives and approaches to critical assignments.
- Ability to work in a team as well as to organize and lead a team strong technical knowledge of connected car & telematics systems (embedded systems).
- Excellent time management & communication skills both verbal and written including intercultural sensibility.
- Ability to organize workflow and direct tasks as well as document milestones and resolve problems. Ability to adapt quickly to changing demands
- Ability to develop/plan projects from conceptualization to the successful implementation including ability of analysis and problem assessment
- Ability to integrate information from a variety of sources with varied levels of complexity
- Fluent in English (spoken and written). German language (spoken and written) would be a plus. Necessity to travel both domestically & internationally.
- Long term experience in the development and validation of embedded systems in the automotive or consumer electronics industries, or similar experience including quality assurance and system maturity levels.
- Previous Automotive OEM or Tier1 supplier work experience
- Experience with embedded systems, connected car, and automotive solutions
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top