Product Manager, Future Transportation Systems
Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. (MBRDNA), a Daimler company, consists of six business areas including Connected Car, UI & Telematics, Testing and Regulatory Affairs, Powertrain & eDrive, Advanced Exterior Design, Advanced User Experience Design and Autonomous Driving. All six business areas are focused on delivering a positive impact on Daimler products through the advancement of safe, convenient, and sustainable vehicles. Working together, MBRDNA remains a successful symbol of automotive research and development in North America.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
The Future Transportation Systems group is looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team!
This individual’s primary responsibility will be for the entire product development process from ideation to launch. Further this role should be responsible for methodologically moderating the partnership activities, e.g. design thinking approach.
- Manage the entire product development cycle from ideation to launch
- Manage the development of a competence center by integrating design thinking and scrum methods with the target to innovate from inside-out
- Analyze, prioritize and enhance further development of new ideas within the business concepts
- Work with Daimler’s executive leadership to drive key business insights, scalable pilots, and detailed business plans
- Develop a deep understanding of both the engineering as well as business aspects of each project by running a daily sync up to synchronize project efforts
- Build strong relationships with potential customers as well as senior management across the business and engineering organizations
- Strong knowledge of IoT landscape
- Passion for driving product to completion
- Experience working with rapid prototyping
- Interest in mobility innovation
Minimum skills required :
- Bachelor’s degree in business, management, economics, electrical engineering or related field.
- Superior project management skills
- Technical and business knowledgeable of energy, renewables, and energy storage industry
- Self-starter; able to solve problems and create solutions where none exist
- Ability to work independently; able to succeed with little oversight
- Flexible and can adapt to fast changing environment
- Professional communication and interpersonal skills
- In-Depth Knowledge of ERP Systems
- Fluent in German
- Knowledge of energy storage, clean tech, solar or renewables industry
- Bachelor degree and 3-5 years of related professional experience.
- Desire to be part of a fast-paced dynamic team.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Back to top