Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center.
Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They're inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
Support the company-wide procurement processes. Participate in negotiations, working closely with internal customers. Maintain supplier relationships and agreements. Ensure compliance in all Purchasing activities according to the Purchasing Guidelines.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Process purchase requisitions and supplier background checks
- Offer support to requestors on Procurement tools & processes
- Lead the RFQ process and award business to selected suppliers
- Cooperate and collaborate closely with commodity specialists within the Daimler organization
- Select qualified suppliers, in conjunction with business partners, for the RFI and RFQ process
- Build and maintain relationships, and negotiate pricing and contract terms with domestic and international suppliers
- Execute purchase agreements according to purchasing procedures
- Collaborate with internal customers, management, suppliers, legal, and various other departments
- Identify cost savings opportunities, process improvements and standardizations
- Prepare bid specifications and other necessary documents related to the purchase of goods and services. Identify all stakeholders and assemble the appropriate sourcing team (cross functional, cross segmental, subject matter aspects)
- Contribute in process improvement goals designed to effectively enhance the procurement process
- Maintain agreement files and online procurement databases
- Support management in analyzing historical spend data and identifying areas of sourcing synergies/opportunities
- Manage and achieve tactical purchasing goals in the areas of negotiation, contract processing and vendor monitoring
- Minimal travel up to 20%
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain Management or similar field
- 2 years of relevant experience
- Strong communication, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to collect data, establish facts clearly and identify trends & variances
- Integrate information from a variety of sources with varied levels of complexity
- Review, interpret, and evaluate statistical information
- Strong presentation skills, as well as knowledge of MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Certified Purchasing Professional, Certified Professional in Supply Management or Certified Purchasing Certificate
- Formal negotiation training
- Experience in Research & Development procurement and engineering knowledge
- Experience with SAP
- German language skills would be a plus
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work / life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top