Portfolio Management Specialist
Mercedes-Benz USA, headquartered in Atlanta, GA is responsible for the sales, marketing and service of all Mercedes-Benz and Maybach products in the United States. In our people, you will find tremendous commitment to our corporate values: 'PRIDE = Passion, Respect, Integrity, Discipline, and Execution'. Our products and employees reflect this dedication. We are looking for diverse top-notch individuals to join the Mercedes-Benz Team and uphold these hallmarks.
IBIS "Internet Based Buy-Back Information System" is an IT interface to provide transparency of leased asset information from DFS to DAG and MBUSA. Responsible for quality management of data flow between all pre-systems, MBUSA First , DFS LeMans and DFS WebAMS into IBIS portfolio management system and into MIS. Ensures all financial reporting, accounting methodology, communications and systems are functioning correctly and in a timely manner. Resolve errors and conflicts in the systems in a timely manner and is the onsite representative for IBIS data quality. Drive improvements in information exchange between MPC, DFS and DAG. Maintain consistency in data and information exchange by continuous communication and data validation.
- Maintain, run, and analyze internal portfolio valuation model in collaboration with Residual Value Specialist and modify as business requirements demand. Run loss forecasting scenarios for portfolio provision for discussion and review by executive management.
- Support operations, development and reporting of portfolio reserve forecasts at time of setting new RV's as well as planning milestones.
- Prepare and submit month end accrual and payment activities in cooperation with financial reporting / CoFiCo requirements.
- Lead and facilitate the creating of MBUSA's requirements in the IBIS system. Ensure all standards and directions to guide information, communication and decision making on behalf of MBUSA to DAG is relevant, consistent and timely.
- Manage and implement quality controls and compliance activities associated with ensuring compliance to IBIS deliverables, such as review and construction of quality gates, reporting functionality and overall system stability.
- Work closely with IT staff from DFS, DAG and MBUSA to understand pre-system updates and the impact it will have on IBIS system. Assess impacts from a functionality and financial standpoint.
- Ensure any changes to accounting and finance methodology will be properly calculated in IBIS system. Assess all system and financial impacts from end-user or accounting changes.
- Consult with DAG IT operations, accounting and financial reporting/planning for system capabilities. Continuously monitor system improvements for information exchange and determine solutions for system flexibility for reporting, information exchange and quality control.
- Perform project management functions when changes must be addressed in the system. Put together project plans with key milestones, timelines, all phases of completion and financial impacts.
Bachelor's Degree (accredited school) with emphasis in:
- Information Technology
- Management Information System (MIS)
Must have 5 – 7 years (total) of experience in the following:
Proficient Knowledge of internal controls, recording and reporting of financial transactions, including the origination of the transaction, its recognition, processing, and summarization in the financial statements.
Proficient Knowledge and understanding of the implications of key financial indicators and controls and assessing impact of financial information.
Must have an understanding between market support and residual values.
Proficient Knowledge of accounting standards, statistical analysis, precision measurement, and process capability.
Emphasis in quality control and installation of quality gates and checks for routine system maintenance and improvement of system functionality for end-users.
Must have experience in accounting, finance and/or IT related functions demonstrating increasing responsibility in role.
Previous experience with database management and interconnecting databases required.
In this cross-functional role, this person must demonstrate the following:
- Knowledge of local leasing business (accounting and financial) processes for all 4 IBIS portfolios
- Knowledge of local & Daimler reporting needs & requirements (incl. local GAAP and IFRS)
- Excellent communication skills
- Open-mindedness to different and changing reporting requirements
- Fluent in German language preferred
Must be able to work flexible hours/work schedule
Requires valid driver's license
Work Holidays when required
Work weekends when required
Mercedes-Benz USA is committed to fostering an inclusive environment that appreciates and leverages the diversity of our team. We provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, ethnicity, gender, age, national origin, religion, marital status, veteran status, physical or other disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top