Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center.
Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They're inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
This Position defines, implement and maintain complaint and secure IT Network Operations for all MBDRNA LAN / Wi-Fi devices. This position also ensure that all IT governance rules and policies are implemented for Network Devices.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Coordinate WAN, LAN and WLAN service portfolio and service implementation (project roll out)
- Support Plan and design of local and wide-area network solutions between multiple platforms and protocols (including IP and VOIP)
- Responsible for implementation of local network solutions
- Responsible for network operations, leveraging internal network service provider (NOC) to ensure RUN services
- Support/troubleshoot network/network security issues and coordinates with internal department and vendors for installation of such items as routers, switches and firewalls
- Provide training and assist other location's network coordinator with network services
- Support Datacenter activities (move/change/buildup)
- Conduct project planning, cost analysis and vendor comparisons
- Bachelor's in computer science
- 3-5 years of relevant experience and project management
- Switching and Routing
- CCNA CCNP or equivalent experience
- Basic German is beneficial
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Experience working in large corporation, with complex network architecture (Border Gateway, etc.…) across multiple continents (APAC, EMEA, NAFTA)
- International experience
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work / life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top