Manager, Mergers and Acquisitions
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles on the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center. Together all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They get inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
- Leading of and participating in M&A projects and developing investment strategies. Support the operating units in implementing their strategies as well as screen targets and create market transparency. The focus will particularly lie on venture capital/startup driven technology and mobility projects.
- Management of M&A projects (investments, divestments, acquisitions etc.) along the entire transaction process. This includes supporting the operating units with definition of target areas and search fields, screening of potential targets and creating market transparency, deal flow generation, due diligence, valuation, negotiating term sheets and final agreements as well as post-closing issues and creation of investment memos and other presentation material.
- Particular focus on technology and mobility projects in the venture capital/startup context.
- Identification and assessment of potential projects by realizing comprehensive economic environment and trend analyses. Furthermore maintaining contacts with startups, venture capital companies and private equity firms as well as advisory of our business units in the preparation of acquisitions, divestments and cooperation strategies including generation of deal flow and identification of targets. In addition execution of LP investment in venture capital funds and management of cooperation and relationship with these funds.
- Elaboration and negotiation of pre contract agreements (Term Sheets, Letter of Intents, Memorandums of Understanding), management presentations and development of business concepts.
- Handling and negotiation of complex international financing, M&A and cooperation agreements.
- Organization, execution and evaluation of Financial, Commercial, Tax and Legal Due Diligence (also for vendor due diligence) as well as assessment of offers within bidding processes.
- Financial and non-financial evaluation of business plans and corporate strategies in the context of a profound analysis of target companies.
- Preparation and analysis of business plans including the subsequent application of different valuation methods.
- Further development and improvement of internal valuation methods, in particular for valuation of companies in early growth phases.
- Realization of internal reorganization projects, as well as structuring and coordinating of funding rounds.
- Development and coordination of M&A Gate Approval Requests (Investment Memos) for the M&A-Committee (Investment Committee), including preparation of presentations for the board of management and the supervisory board.
Minimum Skills Required:
- Degree in business administration or an equivalent qualification.
- 4 years of related professional experience, preferred in M&A and venture capital business.
- Established network in technology and venture scene.
- Experience in managing and leading multiple projects in parallel.
- Preferred major in Finance/Controlling
- P.H.D., CFA, CVA or MBA.
Back to top