Machine Learning Engineer
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles on the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center. Together all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They get inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
- Solving hard machine learning problems in the context of sensor fusion and environment perception for self-driving cars, including learning-based models for data fusion, object detection, landmark extraction, and map validation
- Managing the data annotation process for specific learning problems, including the definition and verification of annotations delivered by external companies
- Developing robust real-time algorithms for in-vehicle application
Contributing to the overall architecture and design of the autonomous driving software and integrating components into the overall system through clearly defined interfaces and middleware
- Contributing to the overall software quality by applying best-practice software engineering methods, including code-reviews, design guidelines, refactoring, unit and regression testing•
- Testing individual software modules as well as the entire system through pre-recorded sequences, simulations, and directly in the autonomous vehicle
- Collaborating with other teams in an international setting and transferring knowledge gained on advanced technology
Minimum skills required :
- Bachelors 2 yrs profession experience, Masters or PhD degree
- Proven expertise with autonomous vehicles or robotics. Ability to understand, develop and implement complex algorithms and software projects
- Excellent skills in scripting/programming: Python, C/C
- Experience with Linux operating systems and shell
- Excellent theoretical background in machine learning and data mining
- Practical experience with different learning frameworks, e.g. caffe, tensorflow
- Good knowledge in different sensor measuring principles: monocular camera, stereo camera, LiDAR, Radar
- Valid driver’s license
- Knowledge in rapid prototyping frameworks, e.g. ADTF, DDS, RTOS
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top