Are you a commercially minded Logistics Analyst who enjoys working in teams and developing a cross-functional business understanding? An exciting opportunity is available for a Logistics Analyst to be a part of our National Parts Distribution Centre (NPDC) team to achieve results that support business growth. This unique opportunity will analyse, monitor and report on initiatives that have immediate impact and create the best possible NPDC customer experience for Australia & New Zealand. This role will be based in Laverton North, Victoria.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring all customer enquiries which come through the parts customer support phone line or email inbox are completed with a customer first mind set at all times
- Assisting all internal departments with logistics and supply chain matters from the NPDC
- Assisting with contract management of the third party logistics company and monitoring the SLA agreement, ensuring that processes are followed in line with Daimler expectations
- Providing ideas for cost saving & analyzing areas of improvement in relation to third party providers
- Coordinating facility administration and building maintenance including management and payment of trades
- Ensuring invoice payments are made according to the contracted rates and timelines for payment
- Completing insurance claims and investigating claim trends in order to pinpoint the root cause, then implementing improvement activities to combat the issues
- Maintaining the Freight Management System (FMS) and set up of new customers
- Providing detailed analysis of operational reports in order to highlight areas of improvement
- Degree qualification in Supply Chain field/ Business or similar
- Minimum 1-2 years' experience, preferably in Supply Chain/ Logistics industry
- Ideally you will have broad experience with warehouse and transportation operations
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel, Word, Access and PowerPoint knowledge.
- Packaging, Warehouse management and vehicle parts experience would be advantageous
- An analytical mindset with high attention to detail
- A customer first approach
- High level of communication and analytical skills
- Time management skills with ability to prioritize and work in a fast paced environment
This is a fantastic opportunity for a strong analyst or administrator with prior experience in Logistics to further their career and join our game changing team at Daimler!
For more information, please apply by close of business Monday 14th August 2017.
This is a local, permanent role. You must have a permanent working visa for Australia / New Zealand to be able to apply for this position.
At Mercedes-Benz Australia Pacific, we believe our people make the difference. We proudly offer generous employee benefits, such as discounted car leasing and purchase options, on-site parking, employee assistance programs and much more. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We are proud to be recognized as a Workplace Gender Equality Employer of Choice and we support a flexible and progressive work culture. We actively recognize our committed people through Employee Recognition and Reward programs. We also provide exciting learning and career development opportunities.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top