IT Solution Architect
Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center. Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They're inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
The purpose of this position is to identify new IT technologies and services originating in the Silicon Valley and which are relevant to MB R&D, architect and pilot them and transfer them to RD Germany for adoption.
- Define scope of IT innovations for specific IT use cases together with respective IT RD area in Germany
- Architect IT solutions and coordinate development of SW and HW prototypes for corresponding Proof of Concept (POC)
- Demonstrate the prototypes to IT counterparts in Germany
- Support scouting of IT innovation partners (Start-ups) together with our BI (Business Innovation group)
- Contribute to finding and promoting innovative and disruptive ideas for the respective IT area
- Ensure coordination with IT Operations and IT Governance for compliant architecture and operations of the POC lab
Minimum Skills Required:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science with 5 years experience or Master's degree with 3 years of experience or PhD
- Full stack developer
- Experience in one or more of these areas is beneficial:
- Language: Python, Java, C, Perl, R
- Data engineering/Databased: Spark, Hadoop, HDFS, Kafka, Camus, AWS, Cassandra
- Experience with machine learning
- Experience with test automation and test infrastructure
- Understanding of network architecture
- Automotive Engineering and Process knowledge (approx. 3 years' work experience) or background of work in RD/Engineering organization
- Good communication and networking skills
- Enthusiastic, agile, creative, curious and innovative thinking
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Project management skills
- Software development/Architecture competence
- Understanding and Speaking German is beneficial
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top