IT Operations Manager - Mercedes Me Connect
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles on the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center. Together all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They get inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
The MMC VC operations manager plans and oversees platform operation. With limited direction from the Project Manager, this position will ensure correct implementation of changes, and monitor system architecture and operation. The incumbent is expected to gain and provide knowledge of major platform details, provide detailed support to issue cases and provide results and reports on a timely basis. This position will establish and sustain close collaboration with the local release manager and contracted vendors to ensure on-time software releases according to established organizational processes.
Key Task and Responsibilities
- Acquire, maintain and share deep knowledge of the physical infrastructure in terms of both the implementation and intent of the system.
- Contribute to the detailed planning of platform changes in collaboration with the local release manager.
- Assign and execute necessary tasks to implement changes and updates.
- Collaborate with operations managers in other regional offices, to continuously improve operations processes and results.
- Participate in team meetings by effectively communicating the status of active projects and identifying any impediments to progress.
- Deliver prescribed reports and maintain effective communication to all relevant stakeholders.
- Provide instruction, guidance, and mentor junior employees on all project related tasks as required.
Minimum Skills Required:
Experience in the development or validation of complex IT systems in the automotive or telematics industries, or similar experience.
ISTQB, ITIL, ELK (Elasticsearch, Logstash, and Kibana), Java/J2EE, WebSphere, Docker, Jira, Rundeck, Jenkins, PCF
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top