IT Operations Manager - Mecedes Me Connect
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles on the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center. Together all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They get inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
- The primary purpose of this position is to ensure that an appropriate operating environment is available to support the application lifecycle management, including testing, production, E2E, virtual vehicle, and virtual customer environments.
- Release planning of complex virtual solutions and operating environments
Deployment planning and coordination
Management of all the connected vehicle environment stages (INT, Pre-PROD, PROD)
- Working closely with and supporting other connected car teams, e.g. Architecture, Operations and Testing Teams
- Preparation for the realization, operational, and initial rollout planning for new market locations or new services
- Sound knowledge of IT and global enterprise systems
- Set up of IT Service Monitoring, Component Monitoring, E2E Service Monitoring
- Defining, analyzing, planning and measuring KPIs as well as improving all aspects of the availability of our platforms
- Ensuring that all IT infrastructures, processes, tools, roles etc. are appropriate for the agreed service level targets for availability
- Ability to work effectively under tight deadlines, ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Minimum Skills Required:
- 5 years of experience or equivalent
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering disciplines
- Strong working knowledge and experience with the management of software release processes
- Enterprise Java (JEE, especially WebSphere Application Server), database (especially DB2) as well as ESB (WSO2) knowledge
- Knowledge of ITIL Framework and HP ALM
- Expertise across applications, system integration, and operations with multiple architectures in complex environments
- Experience in the development or validation of embedded systems in the automotive or consumer electronics industries, or similar experience
- Detail oriented, team player with excellent organization and communication skills
- Ability to work in a global environment across multiple time zones
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top