Intern - Connected Cars, UI & Telematics
Embedded in a worldwide network Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles on the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad complete the competence center. Together all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They get inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
- The intern will assist their supervisor to contribute to the implementation of specific interactions, as part of a larger integrated demonstrator.
- They will also assist in documenting the tasks he/she has accomplished, and help prepare it to be archived in a way where other Designers or Developers can build on it in the future use
- They will help with testing the quality and robustness of MBRDNA Apps and features as well as provide assessment on the intuitiveness of the user interaction of MBRDNA features.
- The intern will assist with ideas and proposals for future features that could be valuable for Daimler customers.
- Additionally, they will help conduct technology research and market studies to identify and assess new trends, technologies and ideas.
Minimum Qualifications Required :
- Candidate must be part of a University program completing their college degree
- Keen interest in complex technical issues as well as a natural flair for communication
- Self-motivated and capable of working under his or her own initiative
- Good analytical and interpersonal skills and the ability to perform as part of a team
- Very good skills in MS office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Fluent in English, German a plus
- Must be able to write code
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top