Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center. Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They’re inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled Interaction Designer to help us shape and realize new in-car and connected services UI for our future vehicles. The Interaction designer will work with user experience experts and researchers, UX Software Engineers and other engineers on a wide range of implementations and technologies. You will provide input ranging from conceptual storyboards to interactive prototypes and UI flow documentation. In our team we aim at finding paths to bring disruptive user interaction concepts and technologies into Mercedes-Benz products
As an Interaction Designer you will develop and champion UI guidelines, principles and user-centered design processes for in-vehicle experiences. You will contribute to user story ideation and develop high-level creative concepts along with UX deisigners. You will collaborate with our cross-functional teams and present your ideas, or UI design solutions using wireframes, interaction flows, and create low fidelity mock-ups. You will also work with UX researchers to define user studies and translate their research findings into insights and UI design improvements or enhancements.
Minimum Skills Required:
- Bachelor of Arts/Science or Master’s degree program in Human-Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Computer Science, Design, Visual Communications or related field
- A passion for creating UI designs which are simple, elegant and consider safety in the driving environment
- Create systemic solutions; Translating brand, service and product requirements into coherent and holistic user experience
- Skilled in mediating and resolving competing requirements and designs
- Ability to manage competing project priorities and constraints
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills, with the ability to clearly articulate design concepts and rationales to your team and stakeholders
- Demonstrate great attention to details
- Comfortable in working within a sometimes self-directed culture and navigating ambiguity
- Team player with a positive and constructive attitude and ability and willingness to work in inter-cultural, inter-disciplinary teams, across multiple time zones
- Open to travelling around 10% of the time
- Prototyping skills are a plus
- Experience with voice and/or gesture interaction principles is a plus
- Experience in the automotive industry is a plus
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top