Innovation Scout, Industry 4.0
Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America, Inc. (MBRDNA), a Daimler company, consists of six business areas including Connected Car, UI & Telematics, Testing and Regulatory Affairs, Powertrain & eDrive, Advanced Exterior Design, Advanced User Experience Design and Autonomous Driving. All six business areas are focused on delivering a positive impact on Daimler products through the advancement of safe, convenient, and sustainable vehicles. Working together, MBRDNA remains a successful symbol of automotive research and development in North America.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
This individual’s primary responsibility will be to engage with potential startups, incubators, accelerators, and partners within Industry 4.0, to discover innovation opportunities for Mercedes-Benz. This includes company screening, deal flow coordination, identifying interested internal stakeholders, and regular reporting of innovation activities.
- Lead the activities of MBRDNA innovation scouting, identification and promotion with and towards the partnering organizations of research and development of Mercedes-Benz.
- Lead and run the creation, coordination and implementation of a holistic concept to benefit from arising innovations across all relevant aspects of Mercedes-Benz research and development activities.
- Represent Daimler AG and Mercedes-Benz at external partners like incubators, venture capital companies, banks, startup companies and tech companies.
- Build and maintain professional and partnering relationships with innovation generating organizations in the US, especially Silicon Valley. Have a strong network to bring into the role.
- Collaborate and coordinate with internal partners and customers at
- MBRDNA and Daimler AG to ensure a focused and efficient innovation harvesting process. Drive the follow-up of started partnerships and propose strategic steps and measures as needed.
- Align, coordinate, and regularly report activities to internal stakeholders, partners, and the business innovation group.
Minimum skills required :
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering/Business)
- Must possess project management experience while still being flexible and scrappy when need be due to time constraints.
- Prior successes with concept/business development either with a startup, corporate, or own business.
- Must be able to think creatively, work in a casual and dynamic team environment, and have fun.
- Be comfortable in interfacing all levels of management.
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with senior executives.
- Open-minded, creative individual with a high level of energy and enthusiasm, with a startup mentality.
- Customer orientation and operational experience in the software and automotive industry
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Experience in international project work, Inter-cultural skills and experience.
- The ability to build and maintain long-term business relationships.
- Experience with startup companies, venture capitalists, cooperation and partnering concepts
- Experience, willingness and ability to interact with automotive, software industry and startup companies.
- Excellent leadership and teamwork skills to manage diverse partners and assignments.
- Expertise in communicating and convincing executive leadership.
- Excellent presentation skills. Ability to multi-task and work well under time constraints through multiple disciplines
- German (fluency) is a plus
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Back to top