Ideation Business Analyst
Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center. Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They're inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
The Business Innovation Ideation team is responsible for the development of new products and services in the mobility space using human centered design principles. The Ideation Business analyst will support the Ideation team throughout the entire process from providing market analysis and industry trend research early on, to completing competitive analysis and assisting with the development of the business and economic models of ideas as new concepts are developed. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated individual who enjoys working in a dynamic environment.
- Contribute to deep trend analysis in the market.
- Support Strategic Business Designer in the ethnographic research & analysis of quantitative /qualitative research.
- Participate in the ideation sprint process.
- Provide market research for new concepts.
- Perform competitive analysis.
- Collaborate with incubation team on the development of pilot project structure, assumptions to be tested and KPI's to be used.
- Support project team across a range of tasks.
Minimum Skills Required:
- Bachelor degree in business or economics
- At least 2 years of work experience with strategy development, business planning & financial modeling.
- Track record of success in career either in a start-up, corporate or academic context.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Passion for innovation & creating new business models.
- Interest in the mobility industry.
- Consulting background or knowledge of strategy, finance, marketing & operations.
- Experience working with quantitative data and building basic financial models.
- Willingness to be part of a multi-disciplinary team and to learn new skills.
- Drive to put ideas in to action.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top