Human Resources Intern – HR Operations
Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center. Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They’re inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
- Provide ongoing support to the Human Resources department with administrative, organizational, and project coordination efforts.
- Support team with tracking and updating job descriptions.
- Assist in the coordination of HR related company events and employee programs.
- Assist with HR electronic file maintenance, employee documentation, and intranet site maintenance.
- Support process for auditing and compliance of employee work authorization status.
- Manage Workplace Harassment Training assignments.
- Provide support on special projects including compilation of data, analysis, and preparation of reports.
- Provide support Recruiting team with new hire on-boarding documents process.
Minimum Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or candidate in HR, Business Administration or related field
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills that make both internal and external customers feel welcome.
- Proven ability to demonstrate good judgement, professionalism and maintain highest level of confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- General understanding of HR processes and procedures.
- Previous HR internship and work experience handling data of a confidential nature.
- Experience working with HRIS, PeopleSoft preferred.
- Ideal candidate is Bachelor’s student with ability to work full time hours or recent graduate seeking to gain entry level experience (with graduation dates in the past 12 months).
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top