Human Resources Generalist
Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center. Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They're inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
The HR Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely with the HR Manager. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: benefits administration, employee relations, training, performance management, worker's compensation, policy implementation, various HR related projects and employment law compliance.
- Administers Total Rewards (compensation, benefits, health and wellness) programs, providing guidance and analysis.
- Maintain and promote awareness of current trends in HR with a focus on Benefits and Compensation.
- Work with HRIS system to generate required reports.
- Partner closely with HRBPs, Recruiting, and Comp & Benefits to provide support to key HR Programs, including Service Awards, Recognition & Gifts, Internships, Wellness, etc.
- Manage vendor invoicing for HR, including purchase order creation and invoice processing. Review billings for accuracy and resolve discrepancies.
- Provide logistical support for meetings, Training & Development classes, Town Hall events, and other HR sponsored activities.
- Support Employee Exit process as required.
- Coordinate HR activities such as Open Enrollment, Bring Your Child to Work Day, and others as assigned.
- Required Legal Postings (OSHA, Wage and Hour, Safety)
- Manage employee benefit programs such as vacation time, holidays, sick leave, medical/dental coverage, disability programs, group life insurance, retirement/pension programs, savings programs, and leaves of absence.
- Audits monthly billing for all group plans to ensure accuracy. Partners with our benefit brokers to ensure accurate filings and other compliance tasks as required.
- Manage annual open enrollment process and related employee communications.
- Maintain knowledge of and analyze government regulations, benefit program trends, and prevailing practices among similar organizations. Ensure compliance of benefits administration with federal and state laws.
- Will be required to periodically conduct presentations on total rewards to audiences such as leaders and employees.
- Support compensation project management and implementation of new or revised compensation programs in conjunction with manager and peers.
Minimum Skills Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or other relation field.
- Prior experience with an HRIS database.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel and PowerPoint.
- Background of working in Microsoft SharePoint environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Process-oriented with an extremely high level of attention to detail and ability to manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality/discretion.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a friendly, outgoing, and flexible manner.
- Strong MS Suite and SAP experience.
- Experience in health, wellness, and safety initiatives.
- Experience with Open Enrollment, LOA administration, and Retirement Plan Administration.
MBRDNA is an equal opportunity employer that offers generous benefits and compensation, work/life balance tools and several methods of recognition and rewards. Our benefits include medical, dental and vision insurance, 401K savings plan, tuition and fitness reimbursement programs and much more.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top