Fixture/Pattern Maker 3rd Shift
Innovative products begin with talented, highly motivated individuals. Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA), the largest and most diverse company in the North American commercial vehicle market, invites you to join our dynamic, industry-leading workforce. Our world-class portfolio of brands, including Freightliner trucks, Western Star trucks, Detroit™ engines and components, Thomas Built Buses, and Freightliner Custom Chassis, offers the unique opportunity to follow your passion for automotives in business or technical fields at locations across North America. And when you work for a Daimler company, you join a global network of over 250,000 dedicated employees on 6 continents who share your passion. Apply today and explore the world of Daimler!
This is a level entry prototype test technician position responsible for inspect, test, sort, sample, or weigh processed, machined, fabricated, or assembled parts or products for defects, wear, and deviations from specifications, using precision measuring instruments and complex test equipment.
- Analyze and interpret blueprints, data, manuals, and other materials to determine specifications, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment and certification methods, formulas, and measuring instruments required.
- Analyze test data and make computations as necessary to determine test results.
- Collect or select samples for testing or for use as models.
- Compare colors, shapes, textures, or grades of products or materials with color charts, templates, or samples to verify conformance to standards.
- Discard or reject products, materials, and equipment not meeting specifications.
- Discuss inspection results with those responsible for products, and recommend necessary corrective actions.
- Grade, classify, and sort products according to sizes, weights, colors, or other specifications.
- Inspect, test, or measure materials, products, installations, and work for conformance to specifications.
- Mark items with details such as grade and acceptance or rejection status.
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
- Record inspection or test data, such as weights, temperatures, grades, or moisture content, and quantities inspected or graded.
- Make minor adjustments to equipment, such as turning setscrews to calibrate instruments to required tolerances.
- Stack and arrange tested products for further processing, shipping, or packaging and transport products to other work stations as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- An attached resume is required
- Previous experience may be required
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance is required
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principals involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models is required
- The use of safety glasses, goggles, or a face shield, safety shoes, gloves, and hearing protection is required
- The use of a respirator, including tight-fitting-seal types, may be required
- Light to medium effort equal to frequent lifting or moving lightweight materials required
- Regularly required to kneel or crouch, sit or stand, bend at the waist and reach knee to head height and overhead reaching
- Frequent exertions of muscle force repeatedly or continuously over time required. This involves muscular endurance and resistance to muscle fatigue
- Quickly move hands, hand and arm coordination, or two hands to grasp, or manipulate objects May be required to work on ladders or at elevated heights
- Experience with personal computers is preferred
Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top