Firmware Intern FTS
Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center. Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They're inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
- Design, develop, code, test and debug system software
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Write Firmware for rapid prototyping, device drivers, actuator control, etc.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software defects
Minimum Skills Required:
- Solid programming experience in C or C and scripting languages like python
- Experience with common hardware interfaces like SPI,I2C,UART,USB, DMA, Flash and GPIO's
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, and peer review like Jira/GIT and confluence
- Experience with hands-on development and troubleshooting on embeddedtargets using oscilloscope and logic analyzer
- Strong documentation and writing skills
- Knowledge of reading schematics and data sheets for components.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience with MCU programming (Arduino, AVR, 8051, PIC, etc.)
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top