Exterior Design Internship
Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center. Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They’re inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Here at MBRDNA, we are looking for talented, energetic, and committed individuals to join our diverse team. Our employees are the key to our success, and we support each individual in fulfilling his or her potential. We proudly continue the pioneering work initiated by founders Gottlieb Daimler and Carl Benz over 125 years ago.
We are seeking a highly motivated intern for our Advanced Exterior Design team at Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America. You have the chance to work on exciting projects and you have the opportunity to bring your ideas to life.
- Research trends and makes presentations.
- May have the opportunity to work with modelers to create scale clay models.
- Participates in Design reviews
Minimum Skills Required:
- High school diploma or equivalence.
- Knowledge of the Automotive Industry and existing vehicle.
- Background in art/design and or Engineering.
- Interest in Studying Industrial Design; either in a college program or in the process of applying to an ID program.
- Art or Engineering experience desired.
- Computer software skills; Photoshop, Alias is a plus.
- Solid 2D presentation skills.
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top