Engineering Intern - Powertrain E/E & Projects
Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center.
Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They're inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
The Powertrain & eDrive division operating in Redford, MI and Long Beach, CA manages all powertrain relevant product development in the USA. This includes next generation engine and component hardware development, validation, testing and localization for US production, engine controls and diagnostics development, and calibration on engine test dynamometers and in vehicles for US and worldwide markets.
Key Tasks & Responsibility:
- Gain and retain knowledge on sensor and actuator signal conditioning, diagnostics and OBD documentation
- Create posters to visualize control algorithms for engine control module (ECM) and common powertrain controller (CPC)
- Set up testing environment, prototype test cases and processing test data
- Run tests on HIL and in vehicles to validate sensor and actuator functions
- Define the template/format and generate test reports
Start: May 1st 2017, 8 months. Must be able to commit.
Education & Experience:
- Graduate student
- Major in automotive engineering, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or mechatronics
- Good academic records
Skills & Attributes:
- Automotive powertrain, IC engines
- Matlab scripts and Simulink modeling
- Windows Office
- Fluent German Language is a big plus
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top