Engineering Intern - OBD Calibration
Embedded in a worldwide network, Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America (MBRDNA) continuously strives to remain at the forefront of successful automotive research and development. MBRDNA is headquartered in Silicon Valley, California, with key areas of Advanced Interaction Design, Digital User Experience, Machine Learning, Autonomous Driving, Customer Research and Business Innovation. In Redford, Michigan, the focus is on Powertrain and eDrive as well as in Long Beach, CA where the F-CELL team brings hydrogen vehicles to the road. The Testing and Regulatory Affairs Division in Ann Arbor, MI and the Advanced Vehicle Design in Carlsbad, CA complete the competence center.
Together, all the developers, technicians, engineers and designers take on the challenges of creating the next innovation. They’re inspired by the newest trends, find the best solutions for the customer, develop the latest and greatest technologies and create the next generation of connected, safe, sustainable and luxurious vehicles.
Desired Start: May 2017, 3-4 months
Support Powertrain Calibration Team in the area of OBD for engineering-related topics.
- Provide overall support for the Powertrain Calibration Team
- Prepare vehicles for testing ( hardware & software )
- Set up measurement equipment and data recording
- Perform vehicle adaption/on-road testing
- Support OBD/emissions-related tests ( chassis dyno/emission lab )
- Analyze results from measurements and emissions tests
- Identify issues during testing and troubleshoot solutions
Skills & Attributes:
- Passionate about powertrain development
- Very reliable
- Able to work independently or collaboratively
- Interpersonal skills to work with variety intercultural employees
- Proficient in MS Office Applications (Excel, Powerpoint, Word), and in Matlab
- Ability to learn new tools (INCA,Concerto)
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree candidate in Automotive, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- High GPA (3.33 or above)
- Emphasis on development of control functions for gasoline engines is a strong plus
- Hands on mechanical skills are a plus
- German language skills are a plus
Special Skills Required:
- Valid Driver’s License
Meet Some of Mercedes-Benz Research & Development North America's Employees
Principal User Experience Designer
It’s Michelle’s job to create design strategies for products five to 15 years into the future—products that can provide new experiences and new value to customers.
Back to top